Friday, November 5, 2010

Needs a kit-kat


I'm so overwhelmed I can't even breathe. Do you ever notice the older you get the more stressful things become. Especially money. I'm 21 years old, a full-time student and living at home...you'd think my financial expenses would be minimal. Of course this is not the case. This constant fight of not having enough money is starting to drive me off the deep end. I'm a full time radio broadcasting student, i work part-time for astral media, i manage the promotions and sales for my college radio station, i have my own show every wednesday and i have homework. Please explain to me how you expect me to make thousands of dollars a month?
Everyone seems to be so afraid about growing up because of all the responsabilities and financial obligations they'll have. Well my friends...i might as well be living on my own because i'm up to my eyeballs in bullshit expenses.
When you're a child with a sibling...there always seems to be a comparison. My brother was in college for a year...a year! and he now runs his own business. My brother from the age of 14-18 was in high school like any other kid...sorry let me rephrase that...was enrolled in high school...never seemed to go. Same with college...he hardly went to class...worked most of the time...and that's why he's able to afford things a little better then i can. Technically he hasn't even graduated college...he failed 3 classes and is in the process of making up one so he can get his certificate. I'm a student with a 4.0 grade avg and am working incredibly hard on my education...therefore it's sort of difficult to make so much money.
Most parents want their kids to spend the 8 months of the year focusing only on their education and having the weekends to relax and/or work on assignments. That used to be the case for me...when i was 13. Once i turned 14 i got my first cellphone...my father then said "and how will you be paying for that?" and the rest was history. So technically...i've been paying bills since i was 14 years old. 14! I didn't want to go to school far away because my parents made at home life seem oober glamorous. Free food, no rent, and the comforts of home. If i knew staying at home would cause so much anxiety, stress and angst...dude, let me tell you! i'd be in Waterloo right now eating out of a alphagetti can and loving it.
I'm trying to fulfill the expectations of my parents but at this point in time it seems like it's impossible. They want me to get good grades and work hard in school....but make enough money that i can pay my parents back for whatever and pay all my bills. In what fucked up world are they living in? Where i have a money tree in my room? There's only so much i can physically do. I'm physically and emotionally wiped! The problem with my job in radio...most of the stuff happens during the week and i'm in school. For example: i missed class yesterday to do an event. to make money. this weekend...i have off (shh don't tell my parents) because there are no events. So...what am i going to do? hibernate at school so i don't have to hear them bitch. Isn't that pathetic? I want to relax but i'm too afraid to so i'm going to school.
Give me a break!!

3 comments:

  1. aw honey. next time come to my house :( we can watch bad movies all day together. Mo would be down too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. please note that i'm typing this as i'm getting off of 7 days of work and you're on a boat somewhere with no internet access... probably sleeping and picking your nose.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete