Wednesday, March 4, 2009

If i were a rich girl...


Yesterday at work i had the pleasure of meeting this customer who was roughly about my age...a pretty blonde girl. She had the typical Tiffany's ring that everyone has...the big thick chained silver one from the 1876 collection. However, hers was more like a band and i instantly fell in love with it. After work i ran home to see the price of it...and of course it was a little out of my price range by...oh i dont know...$500. I mentioned it to my parents at dinner as a 20th birthday present and of course my dad laughed and my mom didn't say anything, yet put a mental check in her head. However, i just got home from a morning of errands and getting onto my computer this morning was a huge bitch. I have an Acer and my boyfriend makes fun of me for it saying it's a huge piece of crap. Well for once in my 5 month relationship i'm going to agree with him...this laptop is total SHIT! So now i'm debating whether to spend another 700 on a pc or finally update and ask my parents to get me a mac for my 20th. For the longest time i said i will never get a mac i'm a pc supporter for life. However, the fact that i got this computer a year ago and it's already crapping out is a little annoying.
So this is my inner struggle and debate...whether to get another pc for 700 and replace it in a year or spend 1200 on a mac and not have to replace it for about 5 years. I will be going against my beliefs but....people's beliefs can change right? i'm not trying to be like everyone else getting the mac i'm just being...(ive literally been sitting here for 5 minutes trying to think of the right word) lets say...smart.
Another thing i encountered today was that i went to get my eyebrows done and i noticed it was completely dead in the store. I've been going to the same place on avenue rd for years and seeing it completely deserted was weird for me. I came in and they ran at me asking if i need anything else other then my eyebrows...sadly i shook my head and went to the back room to get them done. Cathy (the woman who does my eyebrows) was telling me that due to the recession and of course the brutal cold weather business has been awful and her son in law just lost his job and everyone seems to slowly be getting affected by this. I felt horrible and wished there was something i could do. Unfortunately i'm incredibly broke and the only reason i had cash to get my eyebrows done was because i won a Deal or no Deal scratch and win last week. So i gave her the 10 dollars for the eyebrows and i had a toonie way down in my wallet for a tip...i looked at her and looked at the girls in the back room bored off their asses just WAITING for a customer...and i gave her a 5. She said in broken english "No No too much!" i said please...take it. She was so happy and it made my day. Now all i have is 2 dollars to my name but atleast i know i gave my money to someone who needs it.
If we can just keep a smile on our faces and enjoy the little we have i think we can attempt to make it through this awful recession with some dignity and grace.

TTFN

Anxiety Scale:2.6

No comments:

Post a Comment