Monday, March 2, 2009

You are my sunshine, my only sunshine...


It's another sunny and beautiful day...yet effing freezing cold. Just did some minor facebook stalkage and my friend Nina is in beautiful Melbourne Aussie land and i'm soooooo jealous. I wish i had the guts to just get up and leave somewhere for a bit. I think when the weather is nice enough i'm going to take a weekend to myself and head somewhere north. I don't know where and i don't know when...but hopefully this is a little plan that i can pursue.

Either way i can not WAIT for summer. Although i'm pretty much only going to have one day off a week with my new crazy ass work schedule, i'm going to be looking forward to that day like no other. I'm hoping atleast once a month i can just drive somewhere, park the car, and just sit in the grass with a delicious Passion Tea Lemonade from starbs and read a book with the sun beating down on my face. I've been thinking about this moment a lot lately and it's making me really ansy for spring. The weather is being a little mean with this beautiful looking weather but the actual temperature is inhumane!

Just to bring myself more into the spring mood...whenever i'm driving to work in the morning...i blast my latest obsession Sunglasses- Divine Brown, put on my shades and just rock out, making it feel as if it is the spring time. I know it's stupid because when i finally get out of the warmth of my car i feel as if penguins should be waddling by...but i enjoy it.

I also can't wait till i can go on walks again. I love walking around the area not only for the excercise and fresh air but it just makes me realize how lucky i am to live in such an amazing area. Yes we are surrounded by some extremely rich and snobby people, but once in a while you bump into the really kind and sweet people that know that they're lucky to have this luxury but don't flaunt it. Working in this area for the past 5 years, i've had the pleasure of meeting some really decent people, and when i'm out and about walking around, i get to see them and say a little hi hello and it makes me feel good. It makes me feel more at home outside of my own home just being able to walk around the area and see familiar faces. I know i'm a city girl at heart but i love the country life of knowing people you walk by, i think it's sort of sweet. Thats why i always get a warm and fuzzy feeling whenever i'm at stradford or niagra on the lake...i'm sure not everyone knows everyone but it's such a friendly little place to walk around and see smiling faces...i really enjoy it.

All this wishing for spring is putting me in a very squirelly mood because i have to wait another 2-3 months and i want it now! grrrr. Well i'm off to go call York and find out why they're charging me for a whole year's worth of tuition when i was only there for 2 months.


TTFN (ta ta for now)


Anxiety Scale: 4.6

No comments:

Post a Comment